Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Heart NYC

I'll be in NYC as of tomorrow afternoon for training and am looking forward to doing a little exploring when I have some downtime.  There are a few foodie places I'm really looking forward to visiting, including:

Eately: a little piece of heaven near the flat iron building. I browsed through it the last time I was there, but didn't a chance to sit down and enjoy any food- it was around 6pm on a Friday and it was PACKED. I'm hoping to catch it when it maybe isn't so crazy (and I recognize that may not ever be a possibility!)

Bar Americain: hands down one of the best brunches we've ever had in the city. And awesome cocktails too! 

Mexican eats.  We ate at Centrico a couple of years ago in the Tribeca area and it was some of the best Mexican I've had.  I was so sad to read it had closed. I'll have to look for a replacement. 

Balthazar was such a nice surprise! It's in Soho- there are lots of people buzzing around, wonderful servers and the food was incredible.  I would love to return again.

I plan on visiting the Union Square greenmarket- I missed it the last time I was there. I can't wait to browse and check out the great vendors. 

We had a great dinner at Hell's Kitchen a few years ago, my hubby's entree of a blueberry mole with pork was the best mole I've ever tasted (I had plate envy that night!). If I get the chance, I'd love to go back.  It's a teeny, tiny place but the food was amazing.

This will be the first time I've been in the city this late in the fall- I'm looking forward to seeing the colors in Central Park.  We also have tickets to see Macbeth at the Lincoln Centre, which I can't wait to see! 

What are your must-have's when visiting NYC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...